Vermont Arts Exchange (VAE), invites you to the 30th year of the North Bennington Halloween…
Vermont Arts Exchange (VAE) has a mission to “Bring the arts to people of all ages, abilities and income since 1994”. We do that through community partnerships and by focusing on three areas; art education, performance and exhibition. In 2016 VAE formalized its ongoing partnership with the Village School of North Bennington (VSNB) into a full time program providing art education for its entire Pre K through sixth grade student population. VAE has built its twenty-five year reputation on out-of-the box thinking. We use non-traditional materials, take risks and look for collaborators in the community like; local business people to interview for the Village Portrait Project, locations like Lion’s Park to install public art and village store fronts in Lincoln Square to showcase our annual student art exhibit. These community partnerships strengthen the art program and set this programming apart from traditional school art programs. Our VAE team at VSNB consists of two administrators, two lead teaching artists, teaching assistants and Bennington College federal work-study interns. With this capacity to assist the students we can be more innovative, experimental and above all, more creative, all while following the core standards and meeting state education guide lines.
Part Time Classroom Assistant
Vermont Arts Exchange is currently looking for an assistant for its elementary Art program at the Village School of North Bennington. This position is approximately 10 hours per week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for a few hours during the school day.
Deadline: Applicants must email a cover letter and resume to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16th, 2019
- Have an interest in art and the creative process.
- Have a basic knowledge of different art processes and materials.
- Be adaptable to emergent and student-generated ideas.
- Be a flexible thinker.
- Be reliable.
- Submit to and pass a criminal records check.
- Be able to follow the school code of conduct.
- Assist teacher during lessons to encourage and engage students in the art-making process.
- Assist with classroom and project set up and clean up.
- Help maintain a pleasant environment for making art.
- Be attentive to safety.
- Experience adapting materials and techniques for students with special needs.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Rachel at email@example.com by August 16th, 2019